The MG name was created as a compliment to Lord Nuffield, of the old Morris Garages. The first proper MG sports car ever made – the “Old Number One” – was build in 1925 and was an overhead valve version of the side valve Morris engine with a light racing body. The period from 1930 to 1934 saw the development of the MG brand to become one of the most famous sports cars in Britain and the world. The EX120 model led directly to the supercharged racing C type of 1931, while later that year the first small six cylinder MG was introduced, the F type Magna with a 1.3-litre engine derived from the engine of the contemporary Wolseley Hornet. There was also the D type, a four seater Midget, but both this and the M type were replaced in 1932 by the new J type Midgets, The J type, established what became the typical MG look. New MG models of the period 1935 to 1939 were more closely based on the Morris Wolseley saloon car range. The SA model, was a comfortable six-cylinder sports saloon. It was followed by a 1.5-litre four cylinder VA model and in 1938, by the 2.6-litre WA, MG’s largest car to date. There was also a new Midget in 1936, the 1.3-litre TA, later replaced by the improved TB with a new 1250cc engine. The TC was launched in 1945 - a developed version of the 1939 TB. The TD model came in 1950. In 1953 re-vamped TD was put on the market as the TF model. The MGA appearted in 1955, with a new chassis and bodywork. In 1962 the MGA was replaced by the MGB, This also became available in 1965 with a GT body, An MGB derivative was the six-cylinder MGC of 1967-69. The MGB GT V8 was not launched until 1973. In 1974, all MG models were face lifted with new impact resistant rubber bumpers. By 1980 the MG’s had ceased production.